Community organisations and volunteer groups are invited to apply for one-off funding of up to $5000 to purchase essential equipment which will enhance service delivery to Queenslanders. A number of grants up to $5000 will be awarded, as well as a small number of grants between $5000 and $15,000, this is dependent on the needs of particular communities for specific projects and equipment.
To be eligible to apply for funds under the Caring for our Community Initiative 2013-14 applicants must be:
1. incorporated associations or community groups in partnership with an incorporated association; and
2. not-for-profit groups.
- Applicants must hold a minimum of $10 million public liability insurance.
- Applicants must demonstrate how members of their local community will benefit from the proposed purchase of equipment.
- Applicants that currently receive funding from the Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services must demonstrate supporting a significant volunteer base.
- Please note that incomplete applications or those which do not meet all of the criteria may not be considered.
Eligible Grant Items:
Refrigerators and kitchen equipment
Fixtures and fittings
Safety equipment such as helmets or fire equipment
Communication items (mobile phones, UHF radios, PA systems)
Safety and sporting equipment
Please note that applications must be submitted before 4:00pm Monday 2 December 2013 to be considered.
For any queries regarding Caring for our Community, please contact the Caring for Our Community team on (07) 3224 8050 or via email at email@example.com.
More information can be located here.