The Caring for the Community initiative commences in 2012–13 with funds of $1.35 million being made available through small one-off grants. During 2012–13 successful applicants will be able to purchase equipment of up to $5,000 which is essential for their ongoing service delivery in their local community.
A small number of grants between $5,000 and $15, 000 may also be considered for more substantial projects. The Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services will assess applications according to the eligibility and selection criteria and in consideration of local needs. Organisations may be asked to submit further details or provide clarification during the selection process.
• All applicants must operate on a not-for-profit basis to be eligible for funding
• Applicants must provide evidence of incorporation, alternatively if an organisation is an Approved Service Provider (ASP) for the department, the organisation may provide its ASP details or its Australian Business Number (ABN)
• All applicants must hold appropriate insurance
• 19 October 2012 Funding round opens for submissions
• 3 December 2012 Funding submissions close (4pm)
• March 2013 Applicants notified of outcome
• June 2013 Expected completion of equipment Purchases